Oncology - Pediatric
Our fellowship-trained pediatric hematologists/oncologists have advanced training and experience in diagnosing, treating and managing children and teens with the following blood diseases and cancer.
- Cancers including leukemias, lymphomas, brain tumors, bone tumors and solid tumors
- Diseases of blood cells including disorders of white cells, red cells and platelets
- Bleeding disorders, including menorrhagia and abnormal vaginal bleeding
We take special care to make certain you and your child understand the condition and treatment options.
Pediatric oncology patients are treated close to home at the Edwards Comprehensive Cancer Center and Hoops Family Children's Hospital by professionals who understand the special needs of children with cancer. A certified pediatric oncology nurse coordinates care for patients from birth into their early 20s, including:
- administering chemotherapy
- making follow-up appointments
- scheduling CT scans, MRIs and other tests, and
- providing crucial continuity of care
This program is affiliated with the Children's Oncology Group through which we offer patients the same treatment protocols that are prescribed nationwide.