Occupational, Environmental & Disability Medicine
Marshall Family Medicine has been providing extensive, comprehensive, preventive health care services to tristate businesses for more than 30 years. Our board-certified physicians and specially trained staff provide a full range of occupational, disability and environmental medicine services for acute workplace injuries and chronic complications of job-related injuries.
Our team works closely with employers, employees, physicians, physical therapists and other organizations to provide training programs aimed at minimizing risk and preventing costly accidents and injuries to workers. Our evaluations are designed to reduce workers’ compensation and overall health care costs as well as assist in identifying pre-existing conditions that many affect a worker’s ability to safely perform job duties.
We offer a wide range of occupational, disability and environmental medicine services that can be tailored to meet the specific needs of your business, including:
- Asbestos examinations
- Chest x-rays with b-readings
- DOT evaluations
- Disability examinations
- Drug and alcohol screenings and breath alcohol testing
- Ergonomic evaluations
- Hearing conservation programs
- Lead evaluations
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) mandated examinations
- Pulmonary function testing
- Respiratory clearance
- Toxic exposure evaluations
- Vision screenings
Marshall Family Medicine provides pre-employment physicals, independent medical exams, immigration exams, medical surveillance exams, return-to-work evaluations and more to businesses and their employees.
We offer a number of onsite tests and evaluation services via our Robert C. Byrd Mobile Medical Unit. This convenience eliminates the need for employees to travel away from the worksite for medical services and reduces time away from the job.
Training & Support Services
We offer the following consultation services for businesses, government agencies and other organizations:
- Consult on toxic exposure determination
- Assist in corporate decision-making involving safety, industrial hygiene, ergonomics and workers’ compensation.
- Provide guidance on monitoring and sampling techniques.
- Provide guidance on controlling medical, occupational and environmental health hazards.
- Advise on compliance with applicable OSHA, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) guidelines.
- Offer health screenings for early detection as well as employee wellness and assistance programs.
Wellness & Sick Visits
In addition to the services we provide directly to businesses, your employees and their families can take advantage of Marshall Family Medicine’s convenient primary care services [link to primary care page] in five locations throughout the region for wellness visits, immunizations, sick visits and more. Our walk-in clinic [link to family medicine walk-in page] is open six days a week for sick visits.