Pediatric & Adolescent Gynecology
Children and teens have unique gynecologic needs. With West Virginia’s only fellowship-trained pediatric and adolescent gynecologists, our team is experienced in providing age-appropriate care and comfort for young patients.
It is important to know that most conditions we treat do not require a pelvic exam, but if one is necessary, our team will do everything we can to make sure you are comfortable and supported throughout the entire process. Should your child's condition require surgical management, our team is also trained in laparoscopy or minimally invasive surgery in pediatric and adolescent population. Our goal is to improve overall wellness and reproductive health of our patients.
We understand and treat variations in pre-puberty development and reproductive conditions that affect young patients from birth to age 21, such as:
- Menstrual disorders
- Pelvic pain and endometriosis
- Delayed or early puberty
- Vulvar conditions like labial adhesions, itching or vaginal discharge
- Vulvar trauma or straddle injury
- Ovarian cyst or masses
- Congenital anomalies of the reproductive tract
- Disorders of sexual development
- Contraception and sexual health
- Primary ovarian insufficiency or “early menopause”
- Fertility preservation while undergoing cancer treatment
- And many more!
Our comprehensive approach to pediatric and adolescent gynecology also includes educating children, teens, and parents on sensitive topics, such as
YOUR TEEN/PARENT RESOURCE
Teen Talk provides accurate health information to teens about their bodies and relationships so that they can make healthy, wise choices.