Marshall Health understands the impact that pain has on doing everyday tasks, not to mention your overall quality of life. According to the National Institutes of Health, pain is cited as the most common reason Americans access the health care system.
The Marshall Senior Pain & Wellness Center utilizes the most advanced medical and interventional pain management techniques to diagnose and treat pain conditions in adults 55 and older. At the Senior Pain & Wellness Center, we emphasize preventive medicine and focus on restoring function in senior adults.
At the Senior Pain & Wellness Center, we integrate treatment options that incorporate interventional pain management, physical therapy and alternative therapies, psychological services, pharmacotherapy and minimally-invasive surgery for variety of common conditions, including:
- Arthritis pain
- Chronic low back/cervical pain
- Chronic intractable pain
- Degenerative disc disease
- Degenerative joint disease
- Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
- Post-laminectomy pain
The Senior Pain & Wellness Center at Marshall Health provides a comprehensive range of interventional pain management options to meet the needs of patients:
- Epidural steroid injections
- Facet joint blocks
- Joint injections
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Trigger point injections
- Sympathetic blocks
- Peripheral nerve blocks
- Spinal cord stimulation
- Psychological counselling
- Non-addictive medication options
- Physical Therapy referral
- Ancillary services – Patients may be referred for other services to treat chronic pain, including imaging services (e.g. MRI, x-ray, CT, ultrasound), physical/occupational therapy, sleep study, surgery.
The center also promotes healthy lifestyle choices, including exercise, diet and smoking cessation. To schedule an appointment, call 304-691-6779.
The Marshall Senior Pain & Wellness Center provides care to adults 55 and older. If you are younger than 55 and suffering from chronic pain, talk with your physician about the options available to you.