Telehealth at Marshall Health
Expert care from anywhere with telehealth
Marshall Health patients have access to comprehensive and acute care services from the comfort of home. Through telehealth, expert care in a wide variety of specialties is available through a secure digital platform on a computer, tablet or smartphone.
Our providers provide virtual visits for:
- Emergent care
- Real-time consultations
- Pre- and post-operative surgical care
- Home monitoring
Preparing for your Virtual Visit
You will need a reliable internet or cellular connection and a smartphone, tablet or computer with a camera or speaker.
- Find a quiet space with good lighting and a simple background.
- Turn up the volume on your device.
- Hold or place your device at face level.
- Do not eat or drink during your visit.
- Do not attempt a visit while driving or operating any kind of machinery or vehicle.
- Find an area with a good cellular or internet connection. Wi-Fi is best.
- You may invite a family member to join you or assist in your visit.
- Have your medication list and at-home vital signs monitoring information on hand, if applicable.
- Have questions prepared and report any difficulties you are experiencing.
- Determine if your next visit will be virtual or in person.
- Take notes as needed. Have pen, paper and other materials ready.
Does my provider offer telehealth?
Setting up an appointment
Connect with your Marshall Health provider through Mountain teleHealth. Learn more at mountaintelehealth.com.
Once an appointment is scheduled, an email invitation will be sent to you. Click "Join Microsoft Teams Meeting" at the bottom of your invitation to download the program:
- If using a smartphone or tablet, pre-download the application from any store (e.g. iTunes, Google Play).
- If using a desktop or laptop, the link will automatically generate a download (much like an Adobe application). If using this application, please log on a few minutes prior to the visit to allow time for the download.
You do not need to create an account for any reason for your virtual visit. Microsoft Teams allows for “Guest Log In.” Please make sure the device you are using has microphone, video and speaker capabilities and that these are enabled for your appointment.
Please Note: Your virtual visit may require an in-person visit or screening if determined necessary by the provider. We are taking extra precautions to limit exposure to our patients and clinical staff as everyone’s health is our top priority.