Marshall Health News
Marshall Health, School of Medicine welcome new providers and faculty
Erma Ora Byrd Clinical Center at 1249th 15th St., Suite 4000, Huntington / Call 304-691-8500 for appointments.
Cardiologist and assistant professor Jason Mader holds a D.O. from West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine and completed an interventional cardiology fellowship at Marshall School of Medicine. He specializes in invasive cardiology.
- Cardiologist and assistant professor Linda Njoroge earned her M.D. from University of Nairobi in Kenya and completed a residency at Vidant Medical Center in Greenville, North Carolina, and fellowships at Marshall School of Medicine and University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center in Cleveland, Ohio. She specializes in non-invasive cardiology.
Marshall Family Medicine
Multiple Clinic Locations / Call 304-691-1100 for appointments.
- Primary care provider and assistant professor Courtney Wellman earned her M.D. and completed her residency and geriatric fellowship at Marshall. She sees patients at Marshall Family Medicine in Lavalette and the Center for Healthy Aging in Barboursville, at Marshall Internal Medicine at the Hanshaw Geriatric Center and through Cabell Huntington Hospital Home Care Medicine.
Multiple Clinic Locations / Call 304-691-1400 for appointments.
- Obstetrician and gynecologist Emily Sloane earned her M.D. from the University of Maryland School of Medicine in Baltimore, Maryland. She completed her residency at Marshall and now serves as an instructor. She sees patients at the Marshall Medical Center in Huntington, the Marshall OB/GYN in East Huntington, Marshall Health - Teays Valley.
- Pathologist and professor Minlin Xu holds an M.D., from Zhejiang University in China and completed a hematopatholgy fellowship at the City of Hope National Medical Center in Duarte, California.
- Michael Blatt, B.A., also joined Marshall Pathology earlier this year as department administrator.
20th Street Professional Building at 1115 20th Street, Huntington / Call 304-691-1500 for appointments.
- Assistant professor Clare Bajamundi-Plyler earned her D.O. from DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine in Harrogate, Tennessee and completed a residency and fellowship at Marshall. She specializes in treating dementia, depression and other memory disorders as well as behavioral disorders in the elderly, especially those living in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities.
- Psychologist and instructor Christine Titus received her doctorate in clinical psychology at Medaille College in Buffalo, New York, and completed an internship at Marshall Psychiatry. She has a special interest in anxiety, depression, life transitions and forensic assessment. She provides individual, couples/marital and group therapies as well as psychological assessments for adults.
Media Relations Contact
Michele McKnight, Community & Media Relations Coordinator
Receive Marshall Health News
The Marshall Health newsroom offers our latest news releases, which are distributed through a Marshall University electronic mailing list.
To be added to this list, please e-mail your name, job title, e-mail address, media outlet and location to email@example.com.
Sign Up for Healthy Herd Updates
Sign up for Marshall Health's official blog. This digital resource is full of stories, recipes, health and wellness information to help you on your wellness journey.