Preventing Back & Neck Pain
Some back and neck injuries can be prevented.
- Practice correct lifting techniques. Bend your legs, keep your back straight and then slowly lift your body and the object.
- Always wear your seat belt.
- Maintain correct posture while sitting, standing and sleeping.
- Exercise regularly. Learn back-strengthening exercises to keep your back muscles strong and improve balance. Warm up with stretching exercises before doing back exercises.
- Don't smoke.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Reduce emotional stress that may cause muscle tension.
- Get enough vitamin D and calcium in your diet.