Marshall Health News
14 Marshall Health physicians named to “America’s Top Doctors”® list
Doctors included in Castle Connolly's annual Top Doctor® listings were selected after peer nomination, extensive research and careful review and screening by the organization’s doctor-directed research team. Doctors do not and cannot pay to be listed as a Castle Connolly Top Doctor.
“Our physicians at Marshall are exceptional clinicians who provide outstanding care,” said Joseph I. Shapiro, M.D., dean of the school of medicine and a Castle Connolly 2019 Top Doctor. “I’m thrilled to see their commitment and skill recognized on a national stage.”
The Marshall physicians recognized by Castle Connolly include:
- Felix Cheung, M.D., orthopaedic surgery
- Mehiar El-Hamdani, M.D., cardiovascular disease
- Russell L. Fry II, M.D., ophthalmology
- Curtis W. Harrison Jr., M.D., surgery
- Suzanne Holroyd, M.D., geriatric psychiatry
- John J. Jasko, M.D., sports medicine
- Zeid Khitan, M.D., nephrology
- Deborah Klimek, M.D., pediatric ophthalmology
- Ali Oliashirazi, M.D., orthopaedics
- Jacqueline R. Ray, M.D., pediatrics
- Peter D. Ray, M.D., plastic surgery
- Joseph I. Shapiro, M.D., nephrology
- Meagan W. Shepherd, M.D., allergy and immunology
- Rebecca Wolfer, M.D., thoracic and cardiac surgery
The Castle Connolly physician-led research team makes tens of thousands of phone calls each year, talking with leading specialists, chairs of clinical departments and vice presidents of medical affairs, seeking to gather further information regarding the top specialists for most diseases and procedures. Each year, Castle Connolly receives nearly 100,000 nominations via this process.
For more information about the selection process, please visit www.castleconnolly.com. For more information or to schedule an appointment with one of these physicians, please contact Marshall Health at 304-691-1600 or visit www.marshallhealth.org.
Media Relations Contact
Assistant Director of External Affairs
Receive Marshall Health News
The Marshall Health newsroom offers our latest news releases, which are distributed through a Marshall University electronic mailing list.
To be added to this list, please e-mail your name, job title, e-mail address, media outlet and location to email@example.com.
Sign Up for Healthy Herd Updates
Sign up for Marshall Health's official blog. This digital resource is full of stories, recipes, health and wellness information to help you on your wellness journey.