John J. Jasko, MD
John J. Jasko, MD
John Jasko, M.D. is an Associate Professor within the Marshall University School of Medicine. Dr. Jasko is an orthopaedic surgeon and is currently a team physician for the Marshall University student athletes. He has previously served as a consultant to the Tennessee Titans and the University of New Mexico Lobos.
Dr. Jasko is board certified in orthopaedic surgery and has earned subspecialty certification in orthopaedic sports medicine. He is a graduate from the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and from the Vanderbilt University orthopaedic surgery residency program. He has also completed advanced fellowship training in orthopaedic Sports Medicine and in orthopaedic Foot and Ankle surgery.
Dr. Jasko specializes in all aspects of sports medicine and arthroscopic surgery. He has special interest and experience in treating knee ligament injuries, ACL reconstruction, meniscus tears, shoulder dislocations, shoulder instability, sports related elbow injuries, ankle sprains, ankle ligament and tendon injuries. He is also skilled at rotator cuff repairs of the shoulder and shoulder replacements for arthritis.
Dr. Jasko lives locally with his wife and 3 daughters. Together they enjoy biking, skiing, and involvement in their church.
HONORS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society, American Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Society
- Medical School: University of Pittsburgh
- Residency: Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Fellowship: University of New Mexico- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, Florida Orthopaedic Institute-Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Surgery
Marshall Sports Medicine Institute