Maternal Addiction Recovery Center (MARC)
Our Maternal Addiction & Recovery Center, or MARC, provides comprehensive obstetrical care, outpatient addiction care and counseling for expectant mothers with opiate addiction. The obstetricians and psychiatrists who oversee the MARC program are committed to the safety and well-being of mothers with substance use disorder and their unborn children.
Patients receive optimal obstetrical care under the direction of our maternal-fetal medicine specialists while participating in an opiate addiction maintenance program that uses buprenorphine (e.g. Subutex®).
Patients are evaluated and regularly seen by a certified addiction counselor. MARC focuses on the health and safety of mothers with substance use disorders and their babies throughout pregnancy with medical care, counseling and a built-in support network.
In order to participate in the MARC program, patients must:
- Be pregnant.
- In most cases, a brief hospitalization (1-3 days) is required to stabilize a patient on the optimal dose of Subutex®. Costs associated with the program are covered by most health insurances and Medicaid programs in the tristate area.
- Attend weekly group therapy meetings and individual counseling sessions.
- Attend additional Narcotics Anonymous or Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.
- Comply with recommended obstetrical care.
- Urine and blood testing are performed routinely.